Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning & Zoning Commission is created to accomplish the following purposes:
- Act as an advisory board to the City Council with respect to the planning, use and development of land and related matters as provided by ordinance.
- Recommend a comprehensive plan for land use and the physical development of the City and its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Recommend zoning, subdivision and other land use and development ordinances consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Recommend the zoning and rezoning of land, amendments to the zoning map, and the land use and services planning map for the extraterritorial jurisdiction that coincides with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Study and consider approval or disapproval of proposed subdivision plats and plans to ensure conformance with subdivision and development ordinances; provided that the City Council may provide for administrative approval of short form plats.
- Recommend to the Council changes in the current Comprehensive Plan for the City and its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Recommend to the Council any changes deemed necessary in ordinances regulating the zoning and development of the City or its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Consider capital improvement plans and programs and annexation plans in connection with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Act as the Airport Zoning Commission under Tex. Local Govt. Code, Ann., section 241.
- Performs any other planning and development related functions as required by State law or requested by the City Council.
|Tara Griffin||Chair||Regular||January 2020|
|Thomas "Tom" Monahan||Regular||January 2019|
|Gary Zaleski||Vice Chair||Regular||January 2020|
|Paul Smith||Regular||January 2020|
|Jim Moss||Regular||January 2020|
|Richard Brown||Regular||January 2019|
|Andy White||Regular||January 2019|
|David Williams||City Council Liaison|
(meet 4th Thursday of every month 7:00 pm)