LAGO BUCKS - Lago Economic Recovery Program
The City of Lago Vista and Mayor Ed Tidwell have developed an economic stimulus program in response to funding provided to the City as part of the CARES Act – the Coronavirus Relief Fund.
The CARES Act provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers and families, small businesses, and preserves jobs for American industries. Through the Coronavirus Relief Fund, the CARES Act provides for payments to State, Local, and Tribal governments navigating the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Travis County allotted the City of Lago Vista with monies that are to be put to work in a program that benefits residents and local businesses. The result - LAGO BUCKS - the product of the Lago Economic Recovery Program.
LAGO BUCKS are gift certificates worth $50 that are given to eligible recipients used as cash to purchase *goods and services at local Lago Vista businesses. (LAGO BUCKS may not be used for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, or lottery tickets.)
All Lago Bucks have been distributed to approved residents as of Saturday, October 17, 2020.
Businesses wishing to participate in the program directly benefit from LAGO BUCKS as it encourages residents to create a habit of #ShopLagoVista. Businesses accept the LAGO BUCKS as cash for purchases and gives change back to the customer as usual. Businesses then bring their LAGO BUCKS in to City Hall and receive the full value of the LAGO BUCKS certificate - essentially putting more money back in the hands of businesses. BUSINESSES INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM ARE ENCOURAGED TO FILL OUT THE BUSINESS APPLICATION FORM AND RETURN IT TO THE CITY by email at EZENO@LAGO-VISTA.ORG.
"It's a win/win and proves to show Travis County how a program like LAGO BUCKS directly increases the economic power of our residents and businesses here in Lago Vista," said Mayor Ed Tidwell. Travis County requires a reporting on how relief funding allotted to the City were used.
The shopping period for using LAGO BUCKS is now until Monday, November 30, 2020.
PARTICIPATING LAGO VISTA BUSINESSES (*AS OF OCTOBER 27, 2020)
- Broc's Italian Market & Café - 512.828.9513
- Can Do Plumbing - 512.551.8227
- Copperhead Bar & Grill - 512.284.7825
- Donna’s Beauty Shop - 512.750.1170
- Handyman Jef & Custom Carpentry - 760.594.6508
- Hill Country Mobile Notary -512.846.7846
- John the Handyman - 512.720.9522
- KC Hair Studio - 512.379.5844
- KNN Nails & Spa - 512.267.3916
- Lago Vista Academy - 512.267.1886
- Lago Vista Sun Hardware - 512.267.2451
- Lakeside Chiropractic - 512.401.7564
- Latte Vista Cafe - 512.267.7776
- Leafgreen Homes - 512.850.1900
- Level 10 Pest Solutions - 512.679.2393
- Lifelong Friends Pet Adoptions - 512.267.6876
- Lions Club of Lago Vista - 512.560.8814
- Mossler-Rodriquez Home & Commercial Services - 512.783.2736
- Mr. Fix It Mobile Auto Repair - 512.969.8428
- North Shore Eye Care - 512.267.7700
- Phoenix Automotive - 512-267-6300
- Rolling Hills Early Education Enrichment Program - 512.267.2942
- SavvyShots Photography - 512.709.5476
- S & V Custom Painting - 512.909.9791
- Texas Custom Upholstery - 469.552.1383
- The Beanstalk Consignment Shop - 512.267.5437
- The Grille at Highland Lakes - 512.673.9940
- Unlocking Life, LLC - 512.680.1434
Questions about this program in general can be directed to Mayor Ed Tidwell by calling 512.267.1155 or by email at email@example.com.
LAGO BUCKS Business Application
IMAGES FOR PARTICIPATION BUSINESSES