Lago Vista is a growing community in the Texas Hill Country that is one of the best places to raise a family.
As of August 2019, 8,046 people call the growing community home.
Lago Vista Awards and Recognition:
- Best Place to Raise a Family
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Environmental Excellence Award
- Keep Texas Beautiful Governors Award (1st Place 2019, 2nd Place 2018)
- Certified Scenic City Gold Award
- Film Friendly City (Fear of the Walking Dead filmed in Lago in 2019)
Lago Vista Facts:
- Part of the Austin Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA)
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Short commute to Austin Entertainment District
- Average Household Income: $95,831
- Median Income: $77,108
- Growth Rate: 24.13%
- Population within 15 Minute Drive Time: 31,843
- Lago Fest (Live Music, Art, and Food Festival held each year on the shore of beautiful Lake Travis)
- City-Wide High-Speed Internet Integration
- Capital Metro Pickup Service
- Austin (“Live Music Capital of the World”)
- Cedar Park Center (Home of the Austin Spurs and Texas Stars)
- Circuit of the Americas (Home of the F1 track)
- Dell Diamond (Home of the Round Rock Express)
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
- South By Southwest (Mega Music Festival)
- Texas Bullion Depository
- University of Texas
Chapter 380 Incentive
Chapter 380 of the Local Government Code provides legislative authority for Texas municipalities such as the City of Lago Vista to provide economic incentives utilizing city funds or services to promote economic development.
The City of Lago Vista may provide infrastructure assistance to qualified businesses on a case by case basis.
Property Tax Abatement
The City of Lago Vista may offer property (ad valorem) tax abatement to qualified economic development projects.
Sales Tax Rebates
The City of Lago Vista may offer sales tax rebates to qualified projects.