We dedicate ourselves to hiring, training, and supporting a diverse and highly-qualified workforce. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we encourage a culture of open-mindedness and respect.
We support our team by providing:
- Competitive compensation
- Outstanding benefits program
- A safe work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Current Job Postings:
Description: This position is responsible for all daily operations of City Parks and Athletic Facilities.
This is a seasonal full-time position not to exceed four months. The successful candidate will work from 7am to 6pm Monday through Thursday performing work activities such as cutting and maintaining lawns and grass. Raking and maintaining leaves, and caring for plants, flowers, trees and shrubs. Determines the appropriate plants or shrubs for walkways or garden areas. Provides grounds maintenance in all seasons. Maintains the grounds and environment of a facility in a clean, attractive, orderly, safe, and healthy condition. May operate light trucks and assorted power equipment. May require horticultural training. Responsible for debris and dirt removal.)
Minimum Requirements: Valid Drivers License, High school diploma or its equivalent and 6 months-1 year of general work experience Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
A01-Entry : Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Position rate of pay: ($12.00 /Hour)
Closing: Open until filled
Email contact: Chris.Mobley@lago-vista.org
JOB TITLE: GIS TECHNICIAN
Under the supervision of the City Engineer the GIS Tech (Technician) is responsible for aiding in the development, maintenance, and expansion of the City’s Infrastructure data library. The GIS Tech must be able to gather and understand the requirements necessary to meet the mapping and data needs of customers. The position involves having good customer service skills and being able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, and other City employees. This position requires exercising independent judgment and self-motivation and performs the following duties personally.
Education, Training and Experience:
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree emphasizing in GIS, Mapping, Computer Science, Construction, Surveying, and Engineering, or an equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to plan and direct activities, communicate effectively with builders, contractors, workers, outside agencies and the public; ability to read and interpret construction plans; ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or other entities. Ability to use the computer and applicable Microsoft software. Including but not limited to:
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers
- Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License prior to employment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic understanding of computing on Windows based platforms.
- Basic understanding of map projections and cartographic principles.
- Familiar with ESRI mapping products: ArcMap 10.x, ArcGIS Pro, & Arc Online
- Basic ability to read engineered plans and legal descriptions of property
- Associate’s Degree or 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
Associate’s Degree or 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
Position rate of pay: ($1700-$20.00 /Hour)
Closing: Open until filled
Email contact: EBelaj@lago-vista.org