JURY TRIAL FOR APRIL 13, 2021 AND APRIL 27, 2021 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.
LAGO VISTA MUNICIPAL COURT OF RECORD PROCEDURES RELATED TO COVID-19
The Lago Vista Municipal Court of Record will resume in-person hearings and jury trials beginning on 23 March 2021. Currently, however, the Governor’s Declaration of Disaster remains for the State of Texas due to COVID-19. Thus, the following rules are instituted to protect defendants, attorneys, court personnel, witnesses, jurors, and city staff from potential exposure to COVID-19:
- All persons shall wear a mask, covering both the nose and mouth, while present in city hall for court proceedings. All persons shall wear masks in the courtroom, hallways, jury room, and restrooms.
- No one, other than court personnel, shall attempt to enter areas of City Hall other than the courtroom, the restrooms, the jury room, and the hallways leading to such.
- Social distancing shall be maintained during court proceedings.
- All persons attempting to enter the courtroom, including attorneys, shall affirm, in writing, that s/he has not tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 10 days, had symptoms of COVID-19 within the previous 10 days, or had recent known exposure to COVID-19 within the previous 14 days. Any person who cannot make such affirmations shall be required to leave city hall immediately.
- All persons entering the courtroom, including attorneys, will have their temperature taken by the bailiff. If the temperature exceeds 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit, that person will not be allowed in the courtroom and shall be required to leave city hall immediately.
- The court shall include, with the jury summons, a copy of this order, additional information on the precautions that have been taken to protect the health and safety of prospective jurors, and the COVID-19 questionnaire that elicits from prospective jurors’ information about their exposure or vulnerability to COVID-19.
- The court shall excuse or reschedule prospective jurors who provide information confirming their COVID-19 infection or exposure, or their vulnerability to COVID-19 and their request to be excused or rescheduled. JUROR COVID-19 VULNERABILITY QUESTIONNAIRE FORM