Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
The City of Lago Vista Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee operates and maintains all of Lago Vista's parks, swimming pools, creative and recreational programs, sports facilities, cemeteries and more in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. They strive to provide an exceptional recreational experience to enhance the quality of life for all Lago Vista residents and guests.
The Parks & Recreations Committee was created to accomplish the following purposes:
- Act as an advisory board to the council with respect to the use of parkland dedication funds or the acquisition of new parkland and the development of park facilities.
- Study and evaluate the alternative potential parkland sites, and potential facilities to be developed and alternate uses of parkland dedication funds.
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive master plan for park facilities which will guide the city in the acquisition of parkland and the development of park facilities in the city.
- Provide input to the city staff, the planning and zoning commission and the city council on potential parkland acquisition and facility projects to be considered for inclusion in the city’s five year capital improvement program.
- Perform any other planning and development related functions as required by or requested by the council.
|Darnell Powell||Member||January 1, 2023|
|DiAnn Tjon-Joe-Pin||Vice Chairperson||January 1, 2022|
|Darci DeVough||Member||January 1, 2023|
|Selima Harbison||Member||January 1, 2022|
|Mandi Carter||Secretary||January 1, 2022|
|Karen Van Ness||Chairperson||January 1, 2023|
|Deanna Roberts||Member||January 1, 2023|
|Chelaine Marion||Council Liaison|